PUT DOWN THE CONTROLLER AND WALK AWAY SLOWLY

PUT DOWN THE CONTROLLER AND WALK AWAY SLOWLY
Now repeat after me: Up,C,Down,C,Left,C,Right.....

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Service With A......

Today at around 12 noon there was an explosion in a mall in Waukegan, about 40 min north of Chicago. There are about 5 to 6 ppl injured right now, and my prayers go out to them. Now some reports say that this might have something to do with the gas company being onsite at the mall, for who knows what reason. They had a crew on site and they didnt have the proper training?!?! I mean, we are talking about gas here, you know fossil fuel, combustible light a cigarette and thats ur ass, gas. But it just goes to show you that we live in a world (especially this city) where you can get the job and not have the right training. Now there are a lot of different reasons why you get the job, but you really dont know exactly what it is ur doing there. Its really scary when you have a person that gets a job in.... lets say...... a gas company. You got ppls lives in ur hands literally, and ur not really trained for this job? C'MON!!! This is some serious shit here! What if the same situation was applied to a different position like firefighter, policeman, hell... heres a more common one, mechanic. We're talking lost lives, loose criminals and fucked up cars, does that sound familiar?

Today at around 1 pm there was a mishap at the mini-mall in Downer's Grove. I bought a stereo from a store which i wont name, and they quoted me a price for installation, I was like "oooh that's good!" When it came time to install it in my car, he not only quoted me a different price but went on to say that the new price was a base quote and it could go up even more! Then on top of all that, he couldnt tell how the car was wired exactly so he said and I quote "It might not even work!" I was befuddled. He suggested that I went ahead with a gamble of over $150 that wasnt even close to being 50/50. I quickly asked for my keys back, of course. In their office there are certificates and plaques and shit and they couldnt figure it out. Now if I take it to the hood electrician i know in 3 mins or less he would know whats the deal with the wiring. And my new point is just cuz they have certifications and gold plaques doesnt mean they know what they are doing either. Who can u trust, I guess the Better Business book?!?!?

No comments: