PUT DOWN THE CONTROLLER AND WALK AWAY SLOWLY

PUT DOWN THE CONTROLLER AND WALK AWAY SLOWLY
Now repeat after me: Up,C,Down,C,Left,C,Right.....

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Gettin Back In The Grove

Arright, I havent written a blog in I dont know how long, but I've been busy, sort of. My days have been filled with online gaming and work. I really dont write a blog at home simply because there are better things to do at my house anyway than write down my thoughts and stuff.

As everyone in the world knows, GTA IV was released last Tuesday. It had the most hype of any release I can remember, movie, TV, whatever. Mainly because the details about it were trickled out like a leaky faucet. No gameplay footage wasnt seen until the weekend before its release. It has been the best gaming experience I can remember (besides Call of Duty 4). You know what else? It has the most bugs out of any games I can remember. I mean, dont get me wrong, the game is fuckin tight. The problem is that it is so fuckin tight that any little imperfection will stand out like a Kool-Aid stain on a white tee.

First, I knew that the multiplayer wasnt gonna be up the night of its release. Which really wasnt a problem because I feel like you have to know what you're doing against the CPU before you can go challenge another player online.
Second, when I found multiplayer was up and running I had a hard time trying to actually get into a game with some "disconnected player" message popping up. When I finally did get into a game, as soon as I moved my character I got the same "disconnected player" message. So I ended up giving up on the multiplayer thing for a while.
Third, when I tried to go back and start my game off from where it was saved last, it froze on the all black loading screen where it has the name of the last mission you played. Again and again it froze, I was thinking "This is a brand new game By then, the GTA IV fix was posted on websites a few days old, but I thought what the hell. This cant hurt could it? I was tedious but I got it done with the exception of the last two on the list regarding a flicker feature and something else that they had no option for. It worked, at least thats what I thought. It didnt mess up nemore, so I was satisfied. I could relive a few previous moments in the game and make different decisions and see where they would go. A few days later, I cut my PS3 on and it told me I'd have to have an upate. Praise Jesus! So its fixed and it can only get better. The problem is now that there are streaks on the mirror from what was supposed to be a game with a perfect reflection.

Lastly, I have a question. Do you think ur wifey would get mad if you had another female (or likeness) on the back of your motorcycle while you cruise around Liberty City sniping fools? No headset, no communication whatsoever. Is that considered cheating? Does she have the right to be mad? U tell me.

No comments: